Monday, April 27, 2009

Blog Posted from Meghan


Student teachers completed our first full week of student teaching this past week. We are all having an amazing time and love our co-ops. The school as been so unbelievably helpful with everything, they all want to help us in anyway they possibly can. Everyone has been so welcoming and I am so happy that they are going out of their way to make sure we have a great experience. This was a great school to student teach in. Our principal Ron is such a genuinely good guy. I just love his personality and how he works with the kids, I wish I could have had such a great principal when I was in school.
Today we went to the Mariinsky Theatre (picture above) as a group. We saw the ballet "The Nutcracker", it was definitely not the version that we are all used to, but I thought it was great. I wish there had been more dancing in the first Act, but they made up for it in the second act. The costumes were beautiful and as usual the set was amazing too. Some parts were a bit confusing and hard to follow, but I read my little print out and that helped me a along. I am excited for this week, I get to go to "Don Giovanni" an Italian opera and then "Swan Lake" another ballet as well. I was also able to see "Raymonda" on Friday. It was so beautiful and I was enthralled the whole time. I am very excited for my shows coming up.
Well not too much more to update you all on, easy laid back day for the most part. School early tomorrow morning and another busy week! I think it might go a bit faster though unfortunately because the sun is shining and Spring is definitely sneaking around the corner here in Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment